7 Steps to Help Increase your Google Page Rank:
7 Steps to Increase your Google Page Rank: By Umar Ejaz Google Page rank is based on back links. Back links are Links pointing to your website from another website. The more back links you have the higher your PR will be.
1. Join forums, forums are a great way to achieve links to your website. In most forums you are allowed to have a signature and in your signature you can put a link to your website. But another important note to look on is making sure the forum is somewhat related to your website. You will still get credit if it's not, but if it's related to your website than you will be accomplishing two tasks at once. You will be advertising for your website (bringing in targeted traffic) You will also be building your websites presence. Your websites presence is very important to your survival. The more people see, or hear about your website the more credibility you will have and this increases your chances of having these visitors come back and possibly become leads.
2. Submit to search engine directories. Search engine directories are a good way to get a free link to your website. They also increase your chances at being listed higher on popular search engines like Google, and overture. Most search engine directories allow you to submit to their website for free. This will allow you to increase your web presence by being listed on another search engine, and it will also be a free link. Remember the more links you have the higher your PR will be
3. Using ezine ads (or newsletters). Creating an ezine will probably be the most beneficial step you can take to increasing your web presence. When you create an ezine you will be able to keep visitors coming back to your website for more by using signatures and giving special deals. Ezine's will also allow you to increase your back links. By creating an ezine you can submit your information about your ezine to an ezine directory. This directory will than link to your website(thus giving you a free link).
4. Creating and publishing articles. Articles are an easy source of generating new traffic. You can include your signature in your article. This will bring in more traffic from article submission directories. Your signature usually consists of 4 to 8 lines. Usually the first line would be the title of the website that you are trying to advertise. The last line would be the link to the website and the lines in between these would be a sales pitch to draw your viewers into your website.
5. To increase your PageRank, or more precisely the PageRank of one of your pages (the homepage or any other, think of this), the first thing to do is to get links from other sites. Getting External Links. Here are some councils: * Try to obtain a great number of links to your page (read our councils on this subject) * Choose first the pages having good PageRank (be careful to distinguish the PageRank of a site and that of its pages: the PageRank of a site is by abuse of language that of its homepage, but the link towards your page will be perhaps located on another page having very bad PageRank) * Choose pages having the least links possible (especially if their PageRank is small) * Check that the page which put the link is well indexed by Google, otherwise its PageRank is worth zero and that will not bring anything to you. In particular, it should not contain any directive indicating to the crawlers not to index it (file robot.txt or META tags), and it should not be orphan (otherwise Google cannot index it). * It can be more effective to have a link from a page with PageRank 4 with only a few links that a link from a page with PageRank 6 with a great number of links. * The two best examples of links to be obtained are those of directories DMOZ and Yahoo! who seem to play a great role in Google's algorithm. See our special pages about these two directories!
6. Importance of your internal links Getting links from other sites is a very good thing but it is hard to control. On the other hand the links between YOUR pages, you can and must attach importance to it. Thus, it is crucial to organize your own site well to optimize PageRank of all your pages. Indeed starting from the study on the formula of PageRank, we can consider that each page has a reserve of "points" (its PageRank) it can make some benefit to other pages by "transmitting" them a part of it. Let us take the example of your homepage which succeeded in having good PageRank thanks to the exchanges of links with other sites. Your other pages can profit from it if you put a link from the homepage. Attention, the same rules apply: if you do many links, the share of PageRank transmitted to each one of your other pages will be weaker. If you try to optimize your own site, it is better thus to avoid putting outgoing links (towards other sites) on your pages which have good PageRank, because an important part of your good PageRank will be spread and not transmitted to YOUR other pages. It is thus rather traditional to make a link from your homepage to a links page which will contain outgoing links. Conversely, you can also build your site so as to improve PageRank of some of your pages (with the detriment of others). For example it is common to seek to have best possible PageRank for your homepage. Make therefore a link to this one on each page of your site, by putting for example your logo in the top left.
7. Links from related websites. Gaining links from related websites can be one of the most frustrating tasks you can attempt. They are very easy to find, but can be somewhat difficult to obtain links from. To find related websites, all you have to do is go to a search engine. say Google. and type in your subject. Maybe your website is based on ford mustangs. You go to Google and type in ford mustangs, than you look around for pages that are somewhat related to your website. After you have done this (which should be very easy) you have to contact them in some way to get your link posted on their website. This can be the most difficult task because a lot of webmasters ignore e-mail's from people requesting links because they don't see the importance of it at the time. Some other reasons could be that they are rarely online, or they delete spam mail and sometimes delete their important emails in the process. Important note: When looking for link partners don't just link with websites that have a page rank of 4 or higher. Link with anyone and everyone you get a chance to. If you link to someone that has a page rank of zero, this will not hurt your page rank. It will only increase it because you are getting a link back to your website. Google doesn't look at your back links page ranks to determine what yours is going to be. It simply looks at how many back links you have. So if Google one day decided to link to a website that was just created and this website has a page rank of 0 and has a domain that goes something like this: mywebsite.geocities.com it's page rank wouldn't increase even though Google's page rank is 10, it's rank would still be zero because it would only have that one back link.
SEO Companies Articles
SEO Companies Books