How To Suck At SEO
Here are a few tips to help a truly great site become even better.
1. The Latest Grey-hat Wheeze. Link farms, scraping, fake directories; whatever it is, get in there! If a newbie webmaster forum is buzzing about it, that's the time to take it up. Put it on your main breadwinner, and wait for the hits to come in.
2. Over-optimisation. Give the search engines what they want. Make damn sure they know what the page is about. Seven word image names, ten word ALT tags, hidden text, three H1 tags, that'll tell the b**tards. Top of Google's first page for you. Your clients swoon at your mAd skILLz. Respec'!
3. No Optimisation. Google is run by Gods with brains the size of watermelons. Their algorithm is sentient. Whatever tricks you try won't work. So don't try any. And when your site gets booted in the next update anyway, defend their right to do so, piously.
4. Content Generators. Life's short. So much work, so many Stargate downloads to watch. Automate your content generation. Software is there to make life easier. Slap together RSS feeds, auto-generated text, free articles and Wikipedia pulls. Monetise with Adsense. Repeat for 300,000 pages. Is it time for that Pot Noodle? It's _always_ time!
5. Reciprocal links. Google loves links, and it's too hard to get them unasked for. So ask! Send out 5000 emails cadging links to your .info domain. Don't bother proof-reading it, they'll only skim it. When they agree to a swop, you'll be too busy to reciprocate. That'll be a one-way link, then, ha ha! Those sweeties at Google don't mind reciprocal links. Lots of famous sites interlink, so yours should be OK too. WebDevDood on http://Leetwebforum.com said so.
6. Low original-to-duplicate content ratio. People don't read. Original content is too expensive to make. The Google algorithm ain't all that. 200 words surrounded by the same header, footer and sidebars in a 20,000 page site will keep them coming back again and again. Have a pop tart.
7. CMS with same TITLE and no META description on each page. There are so few pages on the internet these days that you can use any open-source CMS as-is. Just set up your forum, slap on the Adsense, let your visitors witter away, sit back and wait for the search engine lurrrve! You bad boy, have another Red Bull, you deserve it!
8. Because _they_ weren't penalised, you won't be. So many webmasters say their site has X or Y, and Google didn't mind, but funnily enough, _you_ got busted for it. Their content, backlinks, and site structure must be the same as yours, then, eh? Spooky!
9. Huge number of new links, in a short time, to a new domain. DevWebDood says that if http://MySpace.com can get a million backlinks in a short space of time and not be penalised, then so can you. Just set up a travel or hotel site, join the Co-op and LinkVault, do a blog spam and watch your site race up the SERPs. So what if it's nowhere to be found next month? Better the fleeting taste of victory, than never having tried at all!
SEO Companies Articles
SEO Companies Books